The 100 Best Fleets award program recognizes and rewards peak performing public sector fleet operations in North America. The program also identifies and encourages ever-increasing levels of performance improvement within the fleet industry. The purposes of the 100 Best Fleets program are outlined below:
- Identify outstanding operations for others to emulate.
- Provide recognition within the larger organization and the community that the winning fleets serve.
- Promote pride in the industry and provide recognition within the national fleet community.
- Promote ever-increasing levels of productivity and operational effectiveness.
- Encourage more individuals to consider fleet operations as a career choice.
Top 20 Fleets for 2012
Improved operational efficiency, significant savings, and increased fleet availability are just a few reasons these fleets are considered among the best in the country.
- City of Seattle, Fleet Management Division, Washington
- City of Columbus Division of Fleet Management, Ohio
- City of Culver City, California
- Denver Fleet Management Division, Colorado
- City of Rochester, NY Equipment Services, New York
- City of Conroe, Texas
- City of Mesa, Fleet Services Department, Arizona
- City of Sacramento, General Services – Fleet, California
- City of Fort Worth, Texas
- City of Colorado Springs (tie for 10th), Colorado; Facilities, Fleet and Central Stores Division, City of Santa Ana (tie for 10th), California
- NA due to 10th place tie
- City of Bellevue, Washington
- City of Edmonton - Fleet Services, Alberta, Canada
- City of Fort Lauderdale Fleet Services, Florida
- Prince George's County, Fleet Management Division, Office of Central Services, Maryland
- Dakota County Fleet Management, Minnesota
- City of Moline Fleet Services, Illinois
- Austin Fleet Services, Texas
- City of Fort Wayne, Indiana
- King County Fleet Administration, Washington
View Full List Of 100 Best Fleets for 2012